When in doubt wear denim.
Versatile. Sexy. Casual. Denim is all of these things and then some.
With so many different styles of jeans – skinny, straight, boyfriend, mum – it’s no wonder finding the right pair of jeans can be tricky. My favourite places to shop for Denim are ARKET, Topshop, Oasis and H&M. It has taken me days of shopping to find the perfect fitting jeans. Jean shopping is different to normal shopping. You have to dedicate time to it. Are they too tight around the waist? Do they make your bum look too big? Are they too skinny? Are they too stretchy?
I recently made the move to high waisted straight cut jeans which I found to be so flattering – a bit different to my normal go-to skinny jean. In a darker wash denim, they are a perfect transition piece from winter to spring. Paired with green cami from ASOS and blue cashmere jumper from H&M.
My favourite pairs of skinny jeans – a light blue wash pair also from H&M and new in for this season. My black pair are from Topshop. I styled them with another cashmere jumper, a roll neck from Mango, tee from Daisy Street and a Zara blouse.
Top tips for buying denim:
- Have patience. If you can’t find the right pair then keep looking.
- Do not compromise on fit or cut.
- I prefer jeans that don’t have much of a stretch to them because then they maintain their shape longer. ARKET have gorgeous jeans.
- For good quality you should be looking to spend between £40-60.
- Make sure your bum looks fabulous in them.