Over the past few months I have connected with some of the most lovely people. People are so friendly, real and honest and it really does feel like a community. It is so nice to find out about other content creators and their stories.
Here are this month’s featured accounts.
Instagram handle: @idkmegsx
Why did you decide to start the account?: I love writing, not to sound too cliche. I like to share my stories, and give the raw stories that some decide not to tell. I like to focus on all aspects of my life and not just all the happier parts. My life has had many ups and downs so its a great way to document those, and also offer some comfort for people who are feeling a bit down in the dumps and know they are not the only ones who are feeling like that. I also love to share my embarrassing stories (there’s a few) and post a bit off fluff to as I don’t want my blog just to be negative. My blog is my outlet, but I also think it’s full of good advice too (or at least that’s what my friends tell me).
Top 3 tips:
1. Be yourself, don’t try and fit in with what you think is popular
2. Write when you feel like writing because that is the truest and rawest stuff and usually the best stuff too
3. It takes time to get where you want to be, so don’t compare how you’re doing to someone else, everything in life happens when it happens.
Name: Daisy Pineva
Insta handle: @daisypineva
How long have you been doing this? 2 months
Why did you decide to start the account? I have always loved fashion and putting outfits together made me so excited! I loved that different outfits would match my mood and that fashion gave me confidence to express myself! Just before Christmas I discovered Lorna Luxe on Instagram and fell in love with her style and feed and read her blog with her tips and advice on becoming a blogger/Instagrammer. I felt so inspired and thought if I don’t go for it now I never will. I had lots of stuff I had bought in the sale and that’s how I started! I feel so happy I went for it because I feel like I’m doing something that I have always loved!
Top 3 tips
1. First go for it! Don’t make excuses like I did for years and just do what you love! I know lots of people say the market is saturated and this and that but I fully believe there is a community for everyone who genuinely has a passion!
2. Secondly, engage with people’s content and people who engage on your post all the time ! Its like if somebody on the street commented on your outfit and you didn’t say anything back! So always be kind, grateful and positive and project that to like minded people!
3. Lastly, be yourself and let it come through in your posts! Think about what kind of message you want to send to people engaging with your posts. Be real in a perfectly fake platform!
Name: Charlie McLean
Insta handle: @charlielmclean
How long have you been doing this? So I’ve been working with/on social media for a couple of years, my business is mainly on Instagram, but have only taken it full time since September 2018. Then I recently decided to step it up a notch by putting out more content on my IGTV and then deciding to start a YouTube channel!
Why did you decide to start the account? I started this line of work because I just didn’t want to be stuck in a job for the next 40 years. I loved the idea of having freedom and flexibility, and being able to live life on my terms. I found a way to be my own boss and jumped straight in!
Top 3 tips
1. CONSISTENCY! Whether you want to be a blogger, youtuber, or anything else, you need to be consistent. Success never happens over night, it usually takes a long time of working hard behind the scenes before someone takes off. Keep putting out content you love and enjoy the journey!
2. Don’t compare yourself to others. When you’re working online/on social media, it’s easy to start comparing yourself to other people. You have to remember that everyone is on their own journey and everyone has their own struggles, just stay in your lane and be true to yourself.
3. ADD VALUE! Think how you can stand out from the crowd. If you’re looking to impact others and add value, you will develop a loyal following. People will begin to look forward to your content because they are gaining something from it. You will end up building a community of like-minded people who will connect and engage with your content!
Name: Jennifer Sanchez Bastida
Insta handle: @jennifer_sanchez_bastida
How long you have been doing this? I found my passion for Instagram 1 year and a half ago. I fell in love with the platform and the ease with which it allows you to share your experiences and passions with a wide audience. At the beginning of this year I made a conscious decision to up my game by posting quality content daily, investing in an IPhone Xs for better quality pictures and experimenting with my style.
Why did you decide to start the account? I moved to London six years ago, from Barcelona and I’ve found this city to be a constant source of inspiration. I have been able to embrace and cultivate my strong passions for fashion and coffee shops, that I’m compelled to share them with my amazing growing insta family, who inspire me on daily basis with their talent, warmth and generosity of spirit. I’m so thankful for their support, it means the world to me. Moreover, I really enjoy creating content with my fiancé’s help who takes all my pictures and supports me so much with my vision. We are both creative people( I am a film producer and he is a writer, director and actor) and recently we have opened our own film production company called Reality Break Films.
Top 3 tips: Let your personality shine, you are unique, embrace it and find your own style. Know your audience and engage with them on daily basis. Post content consistently (at least once a day)
Name: Megan Mills
Insta handle: @megannmillls
How long have you been doing this? I have been doing this for about 4 weeks! So not too long at all.
Why did you decide to start the account? Right now I am a college student at Utah State University going into marketing. I have always loved the advertising and design aspect of marketing, and actually had a really good friend who had begun her instagram influencing journey about a year ago. This fall I ended up reconnecting with her in a marketing class we had together and doing a couple of photo shoots just for fun! At first, I was hesitant to start a new instagram page because I didn’t necessarily want to put myself out there. But as a couple days went by I thought, Why Not?! I love fashion and taking pictures so it seemed like a perfect fit. And honestly it has been so much fun, I am so glad that I began to start blogging.
Top 3 tips
I am obviously no expert having just started a couple weeks ago but I will share the three main things that have helped me grow.
1. Engagement! Make sure to like and comment on other blogger’s posts. That way you will be able to build relationships and connections and they are likely to reciprocate!
2. Consistency! This was a hard one for me, especially at the beginning but it is so important to stay consistent with your posts! Try to post everyday especially while you are trying to grow and post around the same time each day.
3. Hashtags! I have found through experience that it is so important to use relevant hashtags! If you are going into blogging or fashion I could recommend using hashtags that are associated with that. That way you will be included in the community who also uses those hashtags.
Thank you so much to all these lovely ladies for their time. I really appreciate it and I love finding out about the people behind the photos. ❤️