Good morning everybody. How are you all? I am losing track of the days at the moment to be perfectly honest. Thank goodness for my meal planning, otherwise I think all the days would just be one big blur.
I thought I would write a blog about some home hacks I have been doing recently. After all, who doesn’t love those little light bulb moments? 💡
- Limit packaging in the freezer. Take the food out of the packaging and put it into freezer bags. This gives you so much more room for storage.
- Use a lint roller for dusting lights. It picks up the dust so quickly.
- Use a dishwasher tablet to help clean your oven. Dip half of the tablet in water and then watch your oven door come up like new.
- Make the bed every morning! Even if you don’t normally, this makes such a difference to your mental health and well being.
- Baskets. I use baskets for storing everything and it is so much easier to find the things you need, when you need them. Baskets in the fridge, baskets on the surfaces. Baskets baskets everywhere.
- Spinning organisers are so useful for storing products under the sink or for storing makeup. They are so easy to use and you can quickly access the things you need.
- For touching up scuffs or scratches on walls, use samples. Dulex do some amazing samples for such a small price.
- Stick down your carpets and welcome mats with heavy duty tape. It stops them from moving around when hoovering.
- I said it before and I will say it again. Plan your meals ahead of cooking. It makes dinner time more enjoyable and yep, you guessed it – easier!
- Cut your sponges in half. They last so much longer that way and you don’t need a whole sponge anyway for cleaning! 🧽
Do you have any home hacks?