Days pass. Weeks go by. Months run away with you. Before you know it, it’s almost a new year. But do we ever really stop and think about the small things each day that we are grateful for?
Whilst I was away with my girlfriends this weekend, we touched on the subject of gratitude journals. This is a diary of things for which one is grateful for and it is about focusing your attention on the positive aspects of your life. I did a bit of research into the idea of this and it really took my fancy. All you need is a journal and time set aside during a day (sometimes the hardest part of all these things!)
Most journals come with prompts but if you just want to start a journal in a standard notepad here are some ideas below:
- Write 3 things you are grateful for each day.
- How could you thank people today instead of saying ‘thank you?’
- Write yourself a thank you note.
- What made you smile this week?
- Write about why you are grateful for your family, friends, home, partner.
- Scroll through your photographs and write about why you are thankful for that particular memory.
There are so many gratitude journals online that you can buy but there are also apps you can download like ‘Bliss’ and ‘365 Gratitude’.
I will follow up this blog post with another later on the week with how I have found the journaling process and some of the things I am grateful for. Finally, I saw this quote and thought it was perfect his blog post 🌸
‘Be grateful for the small things, the big things and everything in between’. Have a great day guys X